After you’ve completed the Pinterest integration, the next step is to setup a campaign to sync to Pinterest. Once configured, this will run automatically without requiring updates.
CREATE A CAMPAIGN
After an audience has been created by Bluecore, the next step is to add an audience to a new campaign or an existing campaign.
1. Navigate to the flag icon on the left-hand side of the navigation bar.
2. Go to Advertise.
3. Then Campaigns.
4. Click New in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Then, click Create New Campaign.
6. Select the Custom Media Integration channel.
7. Click Next.
8. Enter a Campaign Name.
9. Select an Audience.
10. Configure a cadence for the campaign to sync. For example, once, daily, weekly, monthly.
11. Select a Pinterest Data Export from the drop-down menu.
For one-time campaigns: Select the data exports channel Pinterest Sync - One-Time.
For recurring campaigns: Select the data exports channel Pinterest Sync - Recurring.
12. Click Save and Continue in the lower right-hand corner.
13. Configure the Data Export details:
Ensure that the audience export contains only email addresses.
14. Click Save and Continue in the lower right-hand corner.
15. Click Edit on the Campaign Settings in the Campaign Summary section.
16. Enter an audience name. This will be visible within Pinterest after the sync. Bluecore recommends naming the audience without special characters.
NOTE: Bluecore syncs audiences to Pinterest based on the filename selected in the data export process. Creating multiple campaigns with the same filename may result in incomplete audience uploads and duplicate audiences in Pinterest.
For one-time campaigns: Please confirm that the Filename Timestamped option is ENABLED.
For recurring campaigns: Please confirm that the Filename Timestamped option is DISABLED.
17. Click Save.
18. Click Save and Launch Campaign.
TARGET THE AUDIENCE
After you’ve created and launched the audience within Bluecore, the next step is to begin targeting the audience in Pinterest. Click here to learn more about how to use your Bluecore audience in Pinterest.
Q: Do I need Bluecore assistance to set up any new Pinterest audience sync?
A: No, once the Pinterest integration is configured by Bluecore, any audience synced to the provided data export locations will be synced directly to a Pinterest audience with a corresponding name.
Q: What is the audience name created in Pinterest?
A: The audience name is the same as the filename in the audience export campaign configured in Bluecore.
Q: How often is the audience updated in Pinterest?
A: Recurring audiences are synced once (daily). Please contact the Bluecore Product Support Team to adjust the time of day the audiences are syncing.
Q: Does the audience data in Pinterest get refreshed with every sync?
A: Yes, as a part of the API sync, old audience data is removed and new audience data is added.