Smart Content enables dynamic content within any Bluecore email template without the need for additional campaigns or segmentation.
SMART CONTENT CAPABILITIES
Customer Specific Content: Display content based on Bluecore customer attributes like gender, birthday, and location.
Date Specific Content: Display content only on specific dates or times.
Product Specific Content: Display content based on product attributes in Bluecore’s living product catalog.
Use these above foundational elements to further optimize smart content use cases. Read more about some of Bluecore's suggested use cases here.
CONFIGURING SMART CONTENT
CREATING GLOBAL WIDGETS
Content variations shown within smart content need to initially be built as a global widget within Bluecore. Click here to learn more about how to create a global widget.
ADDING SMART CONTENT TO A TEMPLATE
Navigate to the Visual Template Editor.
Go to the basic components section on the left-hand side of the editor.
Drag and drop the smart content element into a template.
UPDATING SMART CONTENT SETTINGS
Next, update the smart content settings:
Name: A descriptive title displayed within Bluecore.
Options: The different content options that are available to display to customers within this piece of smart content.
Fallback: The content that is displayed to customers if smart content is not relevant. This ensures your customers will still receive content.
UPDATING OPTION SETTINGS
1. Click edit on a smart content option.
2. Enter a descriptive Option Name. This name is only viewable within Bluecore.
3. Add a filter type. These are the conditions that need to be met for smart content to be displayed to your customers. Filters may be used independently or combined.
Customer Attribute: Display content based on customer-specific properties such as loyalty program status or nearby store location.
Date: Display content based on specific date/timeframes such as a limited-time flash sale banner.
Product Attribute: Display content based on product-specific properties such as category or product id.
4. Expand the global widget section.
5. Filter, select, edit, or create a global widget.
6. Drag and drop the global widget into the smart content piece on the canvas. Only one global widget may be added to smart content.
7. Click Save in the upper left-hand corner. You’ve now configured a smart content option in your email! Click + Add Another Option and repeat the above steps to add up to 10 smart content options.
8. Next, select from one of the following fallback options:
Show Nothing: No content will display in the smart content section.
Show Fallback: A generic content option is displayed to all customers who do not meet any of the previously configured criteria.
9. Configure a fallback global widget, if applicable.
PREVIEWING SMART CONTENT OPTIONS
Click Preview to view each smart content option. Preview the different variations by selecting the smart content option from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Be sure to save the campaign!