You can export your Bluecore audience data (for both email address and phone number audiences) to be used in other platforms. Bluecore data can supplement your other customer data, improve your audience targeting, and much more.
NOTE: Email and phone number exports are separate products that are paid for per integration or export. Please contact your Customer Success Manager to upgrade.
Audience exports use cases:
Leverage Bluecore Predictive Audiences in campaigns on other platforms
Export customer information to use in third-party platforms such as Pinterest
Export phone number information to use with SMS providers such as Attentive or Vibes
TIP: Batch audience exports are now available for one-time exports! Use this functionality to keep your customer list up-to-date in tools outside of Bluecore.
You can export your Bluecore data to any platform via secure file transfer protocol (SFTP). To enable development and testing, Bluecore requires the following:
SFTP Configuration (only SFTP exports are available as an export mechanism)
File Format Requirements
CREATE A CUSTOM INTEGRATION
1. Navigate in Bluecore to the Data > Integrations page.
2. Click New Integration.
3. Click Custom Integration to configure your data export.
4. Click the General tab.
5. On the Settings subtab, configure the following:
Vendor Name: Name of the vendor the data is being exported to (e.g., Bluecore SFTP, Pinterest, Twilio, etc.)
6. On the Definitions subtab, select the following:
Definitions: Select the customer attributes (including phone numbers) you want to make available for export. Once these fields are selected in the integration, they become available in the export configuration process below.
7. Navigate to the Authentication tab in the left-hand column and configure the following destination settings:
Host: Configure the host to triggermail.exavault.com if you are sending to the Bluecore SFTP.
Username and Password: These are the credentials for your SFTP host. Please use your credentials that are configured with the SFTP. If you’re using the Bluecore SFTP, please enter your Bluecore SFTP credentials.
8. Navigate to the Campaign in the left-hand column.
9. Complete the File Settings section to ensure that the information is sent and received in the expected format.
The directory should contain a starting forward slash (e.g. /export_file_directory). Directory naming conventions may contain dashes, underscores, spaces, and capitalization. When referencing this directory later, always copy this part of the URL: (/NAMESPACE%20Audience%20Exports) For example, for this link https://triggermail.exavault.com/files/bluecore/bluecore_audience_exports, only copy the directory, which is: “/bluecore_audience_exports”. Please ensure there's a matching folder with this name set up in the SFTP.
TIP: If the directory doesn’t exist, a new one will be created.
These values are just to set default configuration and it can be updated when creating/editing the campaign.
Typical defaults are Character Encoding:
Row Delimiter: Windows
10. Click Save in the lower right-hand corner.
11. Navigate back to the Authentication subtab.
12. Refresh this page.
13. Click Connect to validate the connection.
14. Click Save to save the configuration information for the data export.
CREATE A CAMPAIGN
Once the custom integration is set up, you can use it to export data.
1. Navigate to the flag icon on the left-hand navigation.
2. Go to Communicate.
3. Then Automated Campaigns or One-Time Campaign.
4. Click New in the upper right-hand corner.
5. Then, click Create New Campaign.
6. Select email or phone number audience exports.
7. Click Next.
1. Enter a Campaign Name.
2. Select the Audience to target.
3. Configure the Schedule.
TIP: If you need to run the export now, select immediate.
4. Select the Data Export Integration that you previously created above.
5. Click Save and Continue.
6. Configure the Export. Click Save and Continue.
7. The summary tab displays. In the campaign settings configuration, confirm the SFTP and file settings.
1. Select an existing campaign.
2. Click Create Draft to Edit Campaign to create a draft.
3. Configure/update the audience, Schedule or Data Export channel to export to.
4. Click Save and Continue.
5. Configure/update the export. Click Save and Continue.
6. The summary tab displays. On the campaign settings configuration, confirm the SFTP and file settings.
7. Click Save and Launch Campaign or Save and Exit.
AUDIENCE EXPORTS IN EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
In addition to configuring one-time or automated audience exports, you can also export audience data from automated or one-time multi-touch campaigns. This allows you to export audiences to other vendors, such as Criteo, to target customers in other channels outside of Bluecore.
1. Select an existing automated or one-time campaign or create a new journey.
2. Add a second touch to the journey.
NOTE: Audience exports can only be configured after the first touch.
3. Enter a name for the touch.
4. Click Next.
5. Add any applicable audience filters.
6. Click Next.
7. Select Audience Export as the touch option.
8. Select an audience export type from the drop-down.
9. Click Next.
10. Configure the timing for the touch to run.
11. Click Save Touch.
12. After the applicable touches have been set up, click Save and Continue.